Monday, August 10, 2009

Monetizing

It's described as 'monetizing' now - selling adspace on your blog. I don't update often enough or get enough hits to bother anyway, but the term seems creepy to me. I have every wish to make a living from my art, but hosting random ads and then trying to lure my friends into clicking on them seems somehow wrong. Maybe if I was getting thousands of hits on all my various pages I'd think differently, but I hope not.

And speaking of selling crap, I went to a preview screening of 'Orphan' last night. Oh it's bad. People laughed. It wasn't a comedy. There was potential there but the premise was hackneyed and the plot was a mess. See review at http://rhum.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=484:orphan-film-review&catid=40:mr&Itemid=111
I got kinda stuck into it in the review but I don't think it's undeserved, particularly considering all the good films I saw doing MIFF reviews last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment