Monday, March 23, 2009

Durn it

And once again I signed up for a blog and then completely forgot about it. Between email, facebook, myspace and various other pages that I hardly look at or update (MP3.com.au, JJJ Unearthed, ABC Contribute, etc, etc) it gets hard to keep up. And so often I find myself online looking at bullshit and not doing anything productive. 'Tis a familiar story to many I'm afraid, and unfortunate since the internet offers so many opportunities, not only for communication but for generating work, which I need to do.

Currently I'm organising a tour for May and June, starting in Perth, working up to Geraldton and Broome and then across to Darwin and down to Alice Springs. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it, but if I can pick up some workshops then I should be ok - and I'm moving out of my house so I don't have to worry about rent at least. Got a couple of gigs booked in Perth and leads on a few others, fingers crossed.

Also working on a show with my dear friend Carmen, 20 minutes of poetry on sex and personal politics, very raw some of it, it's coming up well and I have high hopes for the possibilities it could hold.

Now to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment